Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Ipad Turn off suddenly?

Grettings,

I have an apple Ipad 3rd Generation and my Ipad just turns off suddenly while am using it and shows "low battery" even though its fully charged and then when i put it on charge and restart it, it shows the "normal battery" level like before...

but after sometime it again repeats!!

Please help me out!!!

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 3:17 AM

On the basis of your description, your iPad battery appears to be failing - and given the age of your iPad, it is very likely that the battery has reached the end of its service life. Your iPad battery may still be adequate to support use whilst connected to a Power Adapter (charger) or an external Power Bank.

On the basis of the device tags appended to your post and your description, you have an iPad2, iPad3 (as indicated) or first generation iPad mini - potentially running iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular).

Update support for all these 32-bit models ended in September 2017; they are effectively obsolete. Many App Developers have also dropped support for older devices and iOS versions preceding iOS11/12/13 and have withdrawn older versions of their Apps from the Apple App Store. Given that compatible Apps are increasing scarce - and most Apps for these models cannot now be (re)downloaded or (re)installed, utility and usefulness of older models is becoming increasing limited.

Even if it were possible to replace the iPad battery, all installed Apps and data would be wiped. Whilst data might be subsequently restored from a backup, any associated Apps might not be available.

In view of the above, I suggest that spending any money on repairing your iPad would be completely wasted. Now is perhaps the time to consider replacement of the iPad; any of the current iPad models will significantly outperform you old iPad in every respect - and can run the current version of iPadOS and Apps.

I hope this information is helpful - if only in clearly stating your current position and potential ways forward.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 3:17 AM in response to rushrahul

On the basis of your description, your iPad battery appears to be failing - and given the age of your iPad, it is very likely that the battery has reached the end of its service life. Your iPad battery may still be adequate to support use whilst connected to a Power Adapter (charger) or an external Power Bank.

On the basis of the device tags appended to your post and your description, you have an iPad2, iPad3 (as indicated) or first generation iPad mini - potentially running iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular).

Update support for all these 32-bit models ended in September 2017; they are effectively obsolete. Many App Developers have also dropped support for older devices and iOS versions preceding iOS11/12/13 and have withdrawn older versions of their Apps from the Apple App Store. Given that compatible Apps are increasing scarce - and most Apps for these models cannot now be (re)downloaded or (re)installed, utility and usefulness of older models is becoming increasing limited.

Even if it were possible to replace the iPad battery, all installed Apps and data would be wiped. Whilst data might be subsequently restored from a backup, any associated Apps might not be available.

In view of the above, I suggest that spending any money on repairing your iPad would be completely wasted. Now is perhaps the time to consider replacement of the iPad; any of the current iPad models will significantly outperform you old iPad in every respect - and can run the current version of iPadOS and Apps.

I hope this information is helpful - if only in clearly stating your current position and potential ways forward.

Jun 10, 2020 7:45 AM in response to rushrahul

As my own requirement and preferences will almost certainly differ from your own - without considerable understanding of your specific needs - it is impossible for me to realistically and objectively recommend one model over another.

Perhaps consider the models, performance and relative cost - in this simplified hierarchy:

Good (the cheapest option)

• The entry level iPad7 - with 10.2” screen.

Better (higher performance, better features)

• The mid-level iPad Air3 - with 10.5” screen

Best (the most expensive, highest performance, state-of-the-art)

• iPad Pro - available with either 11” or 12.9” screen.

Within each category, prices will vary by your choice of internal storage capacity - and your choice of WiFi Only or WiFi & Cellular models.

An iPad7 will perform admirably for watching/streaming video and for light to moderately intensive CPU tasks. iPad7 is a very capable device and will continue to perform well for a number of years. As and when your needs change, perhaps then consider a more advanced model from what is then available. The cost differential between iPad7 and iPad Pro is substantial!

I hope this provides some additional and useful insight.

Why does my Ipad Turn off suddenly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.