Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is giving horrible battery life and overhearing after updating to 13.5.1 kindly help

I have an iPhone 7 working all fin, but after the recent 13.5.1 update my phone is overheating a lot and I’m getting horrible battery life. My battery health is at a good 87%. My phone is going from 94% to 65% in under 30 minutes. Please help

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 6:21 AM

there are many things which drain your battery likeif location services are always enabled,high brightness,bluetooth is always on ,u need to change those settings ,also u can also enable low power mode

4 replies

Jun 19, 2020 6:25 AM in response to prajwal48

I have same problem, nothing changed in my usage. The STOCK template answer is always about ambient temps, don't leave your phone in car etc. NOT! Same use, update, all of a sudden phone warms up enough in the Air Conditioned house I don't leave that much, using same apps and doing same things. The warmth quickly noted even through the leather case. I have always used.

iPhone XR MT302LL/A 13.5.1 Max capacity of battery 99% remains the same.

Optimized battery charging OFF

Purchased 11/29/2018

No problem until update

Jul 6, 2020 10:22 AM in response to prajwal48

This is a BS answer bc I’ve checked ALL OF MY APPS

it’s this update ... APPLE fix this

I use my phone for working from home and I have to leave it plugged in ALL day

just sitting idle with nothing running and it goes dead in less than 6 hours

ridiculous

you won’t force me to buy a new Apple but I will switch to an android if you don’t fix this crap

unreal in this lockdown you would push this mess on people when they need their phone and other devices the most

My iPhone is giving horrible battery life and overhearing after updating to 13.5.1 kindly help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.