Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MyName@icloud.com vs MyName@me.com

I just can't connect using the App-specific password for my @iCloud email since Apple force that I change old @me account password. Are they the same or not? Another place Apple is not on Steve Jobs simple as a toaster concept.

I have has many of us more than one account for Apple Services. I would love to merge them all. But seems Apple doesn't want you to do that, the reasons don't seem clear, old mainframe technologies or not decrease the number of accounts, are some I have read. Anyway Would love that Apple let us merge accounts.

Seems with each update it is becoming more difficult to have more than one Account. We are getting far from the "toaster simple" advocated by Steve Jobs.

In recent weeks, my iCloud account has become more and more a problem. I use the iCloud address for user ID since it was Converted from @me.com initially put in place by Apple. From time to time recently I was requested to log using the @me address, that for some reason is now having a different password then the @icloudID (remember it is the same email/account). First I was able to change to the @iCloud.com ID, but earlier this week I could not. Eventually, I resolved to reset the password. Since I can't connect from some software that needs APP-SPECIFIC password, I probably need to create a full new set! One for each App.

It would be simpler for many of use to merge accounts, I have two counting the iCloud/me has a single one. 

At this point, I have the iCloud with "iCloud Storage" and the second account has "media & purchases" such as the Apple Music subscription. 

What is annoying is for example I want to listen to music, then the device I work with "decide" I don't have a subscription, but yesterday it was Ok. There is no place to say to use the other account. I have a similar problem with Books.

I see two solutions, the best would be to merge both accounts and the second choice would be to move from Apple Music to Spotify for upcoming purchases of Books for Apple to Amazon.

Is it just me that has that two faces iCloud/me?

Any other solutions I don't see?

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 6:00 PM

Your @me and @iCloud are one and the same, though they cannot be merged, still the same.

iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 15, 2020 7:43 AM in response to zinacef

That is what I believed until recently.

I just try to connect using name@me.com (invalid password) then name@icloud.com same password and connected.

I just don't understand. Now I can't access email using other software then Apple! apps specific password don't work anymore.

And that got triggered by an update that force me to change the @me.com password but didn't change the @icloud.com or something I don't understand.

MyName@icloud.com vs MyName@me.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.