Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continual Apple ID requests

I am being asked to enter y Apple ID password every day for the last week which is getting frustrating. Any idea why this is happening?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 9:52 AM

Okay, when you change your Apple ID's password, it can happen for a couple of weeks.

As far as ".... I am receiving a notification that my Apple ID is being used in other parts of the country too", keep in mind that that is an approximate location based on the IP address the device is currently using, rather than the exact location of the device. The location shown might reflect the network you're connected to, and not your physical location.

Regards

Giulio

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 9:52 AM in response to 50squid

Okay, when you change your Apple ID's password, it can happen for a couple of weeks.

As far as ".... I am receiving a notification that my Apple ID is being used in other parts of the country too", keep in mind that that is an approximate location based on the IP address the device is currently using, rather than the exact location of the device. The location shown might reflect the network you're connected to, and not your physical location.

Regards

Giulio

Continual Apple ID requests

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.