Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my old Hotmail emails?

Greetings! I recently acquired a new MacBook Pro and purchased the Microsoft 365 subscription. Now when I log into my Hotmail on the web or use Outlook for the Mac, all e-mails prior to Jan. 1, 2020 are gone. If I log in via my old MacBook, everything is still there. I've checked all the settings I can think of to no avail.

What am I missing?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 10:06 AM

Was it set up as a POP account on your previous Mac. POP downloads the messages from the server.

When you create an account on a current macOS, it attempts to use IMAP to the max possible. IMAP stores the messages on the server and syncs everything to your Mac. If it was POP before, then the messages no longer exist on the server.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 10:06 AM in response to sundevilr2

Was it set up as a POP account on your previous Mac. POP downloads the messages from the server.

When you create an account on a current macOS, it attempts to use IMAP to the max possible. IMAP stores the messages on the server and syncs everything to your Mac. If it was POP before, then the messages no longer exist on the server.

Where are my old Hotmail emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.