Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software update not working

Trying to update my iPad mini 4 and it keeps telling me that an error has occurred and tells me to either try again or remind later I tried again multiple times but it told me the same thing everytime so I’m not sure how to update it

iPad mini 4, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 8:13 PM

Your iPad Mini 4 is too far behind in iOS upgrades/updates.

If you have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application upgrade/update that 2014 iPad Mini 4 model, using the iTunes Software Update feature, to its current, maximum iOS of iPadOS 13.5.

Good Luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 8:13 PM in response to Cakequeenlily

Your iPad Mini 4 is too far behind in iOS upgrades/updates.

If you have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application upgrade/update that 2014 iPad Mini 4 model, using the iTunes Software Update feature, to its current, maximum iOS of iPadOS 13.5.

Good Luck!

software update not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.