Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted my iMovie preferences and my movies got deleted... how can i recover them???

I deleted my iMovie preferences, which I saw as an option to do if I was experiencing glitches- it was stated that this would NOT affect my iMovie Library. However, when I reopened iMovie, the project I've been working on was gone! Instead it restored a bunch of old projects that weren't even on my computer anymore. Is there any way I can get the project back??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 8:17 AM

When you deleted preferences iMovie opened in a new blank library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Easiest way is to close iMovie and go to Go/Home/Movies from the Finder menu and double click on your old library's icon. iMovie will open in that library and all of your projects will be available. .

Another way is to open iMovie while holding down the Option key. A dialogue box will appear where you can select which library for iMovie to open in. Select your old library.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 8:17 AM in response to Sremay

When you deleted preferences iMovie opened in a new blank library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Easiest way is to close iMovie and go to Go/Home/Movies from the Finder menu and double click on your old library's icon. iMovie will open in that library and all of your projects will be available. .

Another way is to open iMovie while holding down the Option key. A dialogue box will appear where you can select which library for iMovie to open in. Select your old library.

-- Rich

I deleted my iMovie preferences and my movies got deleted... how can i recover them???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.