Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro Noise Cancellation - Does it work on Mojave?

After trying to use Airpods Pro on High Sierra, I didn't find the way to activate noise cancellation. The Airpods were pairing and working, but the noise cancellation function didn't work, at least from System Preferences/Sound.

I'm not a power user, so I might have missed a way to activate noise control directly from the Airpods.

I upgraded my 2015 Mabcook Pro to Catalina, but I lost the 32bit support for apps I need for work, so I need to downgrade either to Mojave or High Sierra.

Apple website says you need the latest version of OS to work with Airpods Pro but I need to go back and I would love to use Noise Cancellation.

Anyone here knows if it's possible to activate Noise Cancellation from either Mojave or High Sierra?

If so how?

Thanks in andvance

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 5:28 AM

Hi Alex_h1,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I handled to solve the problem myself. Since I run 32bits app which are not supported by Catalina, I had to downgrade to MacOS Mojave.

Apple says that AirPods Pro need the latest version of MacOs to run, which as you mentioned is 10.15.1 Catalina.

But the reality is that both AirPods Pro and the function Active Noise Cancellation work perfectly on Mojave.

On MacOs Catalina you can control Active Noise Cancellation from Volume Settings on MacOs, while on MacOS Mojave there are no controls for switching between the different modes offered by the AirPods Pro.

The only way to switch between Noise Cancellation, Transparency and Off, is by touching and holding the volume slider on the AirPods.

If on the one hand there is no way to control AirPods Pro on Mojave, one can simply control AirPods Pro with the "touch and hold" function built in system.

Once again big thanks for the reply and the help offered.

Have a wonderful day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2020 5:28 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex_h1,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I handled to solve the problem myself. Since I run 32bits app which are not supported by Catalina, I had to downgrade to MacOS Mojave.

Apple says that AirPods Pro need the latest version of MacOs to run, which as you mentioned is 10.15.1 Catalina.

But the reality is that both AirPods Pro and the function Active Noise Cancellation work perfectly on Mojave.

On MacOs Catalina you can control Active Noise Cancellation from Volume Settings on MacOs, while on MacOS Mojave there are no controls for switching between the different modes offered by the AirPods Pro.

The only way to switch between Noise Cancellation, Transparency and Off, is by touching and holding the volume slider on the AirPods.

If on the one hand there is no way to control AirPods Pro on Mojave, one can simply control AirPods Pro with the "touch and hold" function built in system.

Once again big thanks for the reply and the help offered.

Have a wonderful day!

Jun 14, 2020 5:42 PM in response to iDont_Know

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, iDont_Know!

From my understanding, you have questions regarding Active Noise Cancellation with your AirPods Pro. I’d be happy to help out.

To use all the features of your AirPods Pro, you’d need macOS 10.15.1 or later, which you can read about at: Connect and use your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

I hope that answers your question regarding your AirPods Pro features. Since you mentioned possibly downgrading, let us know if you need assistance with that process. You can view the steps to begin that at: Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Airpods Pro Noise Cancellation - Does it work on Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.