Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch/Spotify

Why can’t I get Spotify to play from my Apple Watch?

Also, just bought my Apple Watch and battery only lasts for one daytime - is that normal?

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 8:59 AM

6 replies

Jun 11, 2020 10:07 AM in response to MommaTFour

The Spotify app on your watch is really just a remote control app for your phone.

One day is pretty normal. I put my watch on the charger at night while I'm getting ready for bed and reading, maybe an hour. I wear it overnight (in Theatre mode). I put it back on the charger in the morning while I'm showering and dressing (maybe 30 minutes). Unless I do a really long workout, that's pretty much all I ever charge it.

Jun 11, 2020 12:44 PM in response to MommaTFour

As to battery life. The Apple Watch is rated at 18 hours. When brand new, it should last a bit longer.

However, if you spend a lot of time away from your iPhone, then the cellular radio will drain the battery faster. Also if you are also engaging the GPS while say running without your iPhone with you, that too will drain the battery faster.

And of course if you are away from your iPhone, and making long phone calls, that will drain the battery even faster.

The thing about being away from the iPhone, is that when near the iPhone, the Apple Watch will use Low Energy Bluetooth and get the iPhone with the bigger battery to do most of the heavy lifting for internet access and other radio services.

Apple Watch/Spotify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.