Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verify Email, but then it says “This Email address in not available”

I have an Apple ID and password and account (for years). When I got to verify my address for a new iPad, they send the 6 digit code to my email. When I put it in, I get the message:

Cannot Verify Email. This Email address is not available. Choose a different address. But my account is asking me to verify my email. And then I get stuck. Any suggestions.

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 11:07 AM

Apparently, the code is being sent to a prior owner of the iPad. Did you acquire your new iPad second hand from a seller that is not authorized by Apple?

_________

But, also, see:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974  Below is an excerpt, but read the whole document. See the bold italics below.

“Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device [see the additional information in the article].” A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 9 and later or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed into using two-factor authentication.

“If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This link takes you to:

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921which you may need to use.

Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. After you request account recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access. … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions in the above link to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 11:07 AM in response to MayBeck

Apparently, the code is being sent to a prior owner of the iPad. Did you acquire your new iPad second hand from a seller that is not authorized by Apple?

_________

But, also, see:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974  Below is an excerpt, but read the whole document. See the bold italics below.

“Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device [see the additional information in the article].” A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 9 and later or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed into using two-factor authentication.

“If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This link takes you to:

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921which you may need to use.

Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. After you request account recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access. … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions in the above link to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.

Jun 11, 2020 11:16 AM in response to MayBeck

If you haven't changed the email address of the ID,  contact Apple ID Support. Based on multiple posts I have read, they may not be willing to help. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Jun 11, 2020 11:13 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

thanks. i'm original owner of macbook pro. however, i've not logged into apple id account in over 3-4 years. went as far as to reset passwork, received a verification code and then as soon as i input code it states "this email address is not available". i then tried to set up a new account and it pops up that the email is already in use. can't figure this out.

Verify Email, but then it says “This Email address in not available”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.