Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid off AM/PM on status bar

I am using 12 hours mode since forever and I never had am/pm. Neither my husband. After he started having problems with iCloud he was told by Apple support to reset options in his phone. He did it. Since this time 12 hours mode display am/pm. He got annoyed so he did reset my phone too so we can be annoyed together... And I also have it displayed and I really want to get rid of this. It doesn’t fit and completely destroy localisation icon which is beside it (this tiny arrow).

please can someone tell me how to get rid of this or when will be update adding feature in clock “display am/pm” I am really annoyed right now and I don’t need this and I don’t want it to be forced.

for comparison nice and tidy hour without an/pm

and what I have to deal with now

please help me I can’t handle looking at it

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 3:54 AM

1. I never had it since I bought phone almost year ago. I always used 12h mode without an/pm. It appeared only after resetting settings
  2. I fixed it. Switching to 24h And then to 12h and restarting phone removed it. So apparently it’s possible to not have it displayed.

Its probably bug but I’m happy with it and phones should still have option of choosing to display or not.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 3:54 AM in response to Pmlyons24

1. I never had it since I bought phone almost year ago. I always used 12h mode without an/pm. It appeared only after resetting settings
  2. I fixed it. Switching to 24h And then to 12h and restarting phone removed it. So apparently it’s possible to not have it displayed.

Its probably bug but I’m happy with it and phones should still have option of choosing to display or not.

How to get rid off AM/PM on status bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.