Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my apple iPhone 8 plus still work with the new update iOS 13.5.1

Will my iPhone 8+ still work with the new update iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 2:42 PM

4 replies

Jun 22, 2020 10:42 AM in response to Ashleypiink956

Yes it will still work but there are bugs. I updated my iPhone 8+ to iOS 13.5.1 and now I am having problems with my battery running low faster. Also, The mail icon on my home screen keep showing 24 new emails when there are none. All 4 of my email accounts show no new emails except my iCloud account it keep showing 1 unread email when there are none. It continuously shows checking for mail. Perhaps that is the cause of the battery drain. I also experience dropped connection to my wifi. I wish I had waited for these bugs to be fixed.

Jul 7, 2020 8:04 AM in response to silentsounds

I also "upgraded" my iPhone 8 to 1OS 13.5.1. And having my battery run low way fast. Doing a bit of research indicates this is happening to every one. My take is Apple wants to get rid of 8's and have all us suckers get a new iPhone. Not gonna happen. Been a loyal Apple supporter for 20 plus years, but when they do stuff like this it starts me to look around for alternatives.

Will my apple iPhone 8 plus still work with the new update iOS 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.