Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Successfully relocated sound library to external drive - but i can't download new sounds

I downloaded Logic 10.5 for the first time, and downloaded the Essential Sounds. I followed the apple instructions to relocate sound library to my external hard drive, and successfully did so. But now when I go to download the remaining sounds, I get the "Your disk is almost full. Save space by optimizing your storage before downloading more sound files" window, as if the library on the drive has not registered and Logic is still trying to install the new sounds on my laptop disk (which...yeah...is almost full).

But the "Library" folder shows on my external drive. When I try to access it from my Macintosh HD disk, it shows only as an alias to the external drive. I don't know what's wrong!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 10:05 PM

Even when the Sound Library is relocated to an external drive, the Library packages are downloaded on the local drive before the installation on the external drive. You need enough free space on the local drive for that operation.

Free some storage on the local drive.

You may also try to download the Library piece by piece

WD

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 10:05 PM in response to youcancallme_al

Even when the Sound Library is relocated to an external drive, the Library packages are downloaded on the local drive before the installation on the external drive. You need enough free space on the local drive for that operation.

Free some storage on the local drive.

You may also try to download the Library piece by piece

WD

Successfully relocated sound library to external drive - but i can't download new sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.