Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch stops working when doing indoor walk

My Apple Watch keeps stopping during my indoor walk, it is snug on my wrist, I do wear it on the inside of my wrist. It works perfectly on an outdoor walk. Can anyone help me resolve this issue

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 4:33 AM

It's not designed or recommended by apple to be worn on the inside of the wrist;

This is a quote from an apple support document;

A better fit means better readings

For best results, the back of your Apple Watch needs skin contact for features like Wrist Detect, the Taptic Engine, and the electrical and optical heart sensors. Wearing your Apple Watch with the right fit – not too tight, not too loose, and with room for your skin to breathe – keeps you comfortable and lets the sensors do their jobs. You may want to tighten your Apple Watch band for workouts, then loosen it when you’re finished. In addition, the sensors will work only if you wear your Apple Watch on the top of your wrist.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 4:33 AM in response to Gwennie327

It's not designed or recommended by apple to be worn on the inside of the wrist;

This is a quote from an apple support document;

A better fit means better readings

For best results, the back of your Apple Watch needs skin contact for features like Wrist Detect, the Taptic Engine, and the electrical and optical heart sensors. Wearing your Apple Watch with the right fit – not too tight, not too loose, and with room for your skin to breathe – keeps you comfortable and lets the sensors do their jobs. You may want to tighten your Apple Watch band for workouts, then loosen it when you’re finished. In addition, the sensors will work only if you wear your Apple Watch on the top of your wrist.

Jun 12, 2020 5:53 AM in response to Gwennie327

Gwennie327 wrote:

I’ve always worn my watches on the inside of my wrist never has a problem, like I said it works fine on an outdoor walk, I have tried it on top of wrist for an indoor walk and it stills stops and starts periodically, so I don’t get a true recording of my activities

Testing the Watch in the expected position is somehow an imposition?

Apple Watch stops working when doing indoor walk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.