Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t save my work in Logic Pro X 10.4 lesson whatever I do. I just keep getting a message telling me it can’t be saved because the file does not exist. Wits end.

Any idea what’s going on here?

I can work in the project which opens from the downloaded lessons files but if I try to do anything else like save it or join regions it just claims it can’t because the file doesn’t exist.

I suspect I’ve messed up somewhere. I made some errors at the end of lesson 3 and tried to start again. I ended up downloading the lessons from Peachpit again but couldn’t find the initial download to delete so I’m guessing this may be at the bottom of the problem.

I’vd had the logicpro10.4_lessonfiles.dmg on the Desktop and tried dropping them into the Music>Logic> folder but to no avail. I couldn’t find any sign of the original download.

Frustrating as I can’t proceed until this is sorted.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 6:40 AM

Hi

The read-me states:

"'Logic Pro X Files' contains two subfolders, Lessons and Media, that contain the working files for this course. Make sure you keep these two folders together in the Logic Pro X Files folder on your hard disk. If you do so, your Mac should be able to maintain the original links between the lessons and media files.

- IMPORTANT -

YOU MUST COPY The entire 'Logic Pro X Files' folder to your hard drive. "

Did you actually copy them before starting the exercises?

CCT

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 6:40 AM in response to Stephen Dodding

Hi

The read-me states:

"'Logic Pro X Files' contains two subfolders, Lessons and Media, that contain the working files for this course. Make sure you keep these two folders together in the Logic Pro X Files folder on your hard disk. If you do so, your Mac should be able to maintain the original links between the lessons and media files.

- IMPORTANT -

YOU MUST COPY The entire 'Logic Pro X Files' folder to your hard drive. "

Did you actually copy them before starting the exercises?

CCT

Jun 12, 2020 8:12 AM in response to CCTM

Thank you for your reply.

I had no problem first time around. I just downloaded the Logic Pro files folder from Peachpit and dragged it onto the desktop. I was able to open it in Logic Pro and I got through everything up to the end of Get Dancing 03 saving as I went. Unfortunately I hadn’t noticed that I’d saved some clumsy drags etc along the way and I decided just to forget it and start again at the beginning of 03.

tbh I can’t recall what I’ve deleted or what else I’ve done trying to rectify my actions but dragging the newly downloaded folder to the desktop leaves me were I am now. I can open Get Dancing 03 and work in it but not save it. I discovered this when I tried to join regions in the guitar track and it wouldn’t let me.

I honestly thought I’d tried what you suggest but I’ve likely cocked up in some way. I’ll have another go.

Thank you again for your help.

I can’t save my work in Logic Pro X 10.4 lesson whatever I do. I just keep getting a message telling me it can’t be saved because the file does not exist. Wits end.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.