Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split view on Mac

I have a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina and split view won't work. The option for tile to the left or right comes up, but nothing happens when pressed. I tried it in multiple apps one of which being safari. It worked before it just stoped all the sudden. What's wrong? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 11:08 AM

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View - Apple Support

I understand you know how to use it, but Split View spontaneously stopped working the way you expect. Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Then, restart your Mac normally (not "Safe Mode") and determine if it either works normally again or if it still doesn't work. If the problem persists reinstalling macOS is justified: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 11:08 AM in response to josiah3905

Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View - Apple Support

I understand you know how to use it, but Split View spontaneously stopped working the way you expect. Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Then, restart your Mac normally (not "Safe Mode") and determine if it either works normally again or if it still doesn't work. If the problem persists reinstalling macOS is justified: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

Split view on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.