Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For father’s day I want gift a mini ipad to my husband, he already has one but it does’´t work well, is possible to make an exchange by paying a supplement

For father’s day I want gift a mini ipad to my husband, he already has one but it does’´t work well, is it possible to make an exchange by paying a little difference?

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 12:12 PM

If you’re in the US the one retailer that I know has a same day exchange is Best Buy. You’d wipe the old one, take it in, get whatever store credit you get for it, use that towards a new one. They have an estimator on their site to see how much you’ll get for it. Bear in mind these places give you a lesser amount because they want to turn around and sell it used and still make money, so you likely won’t get a lot.

Your other option is to buy the new one and sell the old one.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure to back up the old one. You can use that backup to make the new one a near clone of the old one

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 12:12 PM in response to ruya272

If you’re in the US the one retailer that I know has a same day exchange is Best Buy. You’d wipe the old one, take it in, get whatever store credit you get for it, use that towards a new one. They have an estimator on their site to see how much you’ll get for it. Bear in mind these places give you a lesser amount because they want to turn around and sell it used and still make money, so you likely won’t get a lot.

Your other option is to buy the new one and sell the old one.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure to back up the old one. You can use that backup to make the new one a near clone of the old one

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For father’s day I want gift a mini ipad to my husband, he already has one but it does’´t work well, is possible to make an exchange by paying a supplement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.