Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook logs me out when active on it

Hello, I have a Macbook Air (13 inch, 2017) which randomly logs me out and takes me back to the logging screen whilst active on it. Sometimes after entering the password when being logged out, it will do it again and again, even when I am still using it. This has been happening for several months, and I cannot find anyone who has a similar problem or solution. If anyone has any ideas on how to stop this I would be grateful.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 7:20 PM

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the logging issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 7:20 PM in response to hoely-sapphic

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the logging issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

Macbook logs me out when active on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.