Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the watch not record workout minutes while you are outdoor walking?

I’m having the issue of the workout app not recording my minutes of walking while it is in use. I keep having to adjust it on my wris and it still does it. Why does the watch not record workout minutes while you are outdoor walking?

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 3:59 PM

6 replies

Jun 13, 2020 7:09 AM in response to Community User

I had to tell you that worked. I’ve used the workout for a couple of years and never had that problem. But been extra tired and wasn’t walking as I normally do. Thank you! But may I ask another question? The watch I have is the second one from my warranty. For some reason the activity app continues to take up space. I actually still have no music, pictures, or apps on my watch. Back starting December I started having the problem with series 4 I had saying no storage, and for 4 months, about 30 emails back and forth, and resetting, even downloading new software, all of this per Apple, and I still think there is a problem. I was told their were others having the same issue, and we are still waiting on “Apple engineers“ to provide a solution. Any suggestions?

Jun 13, 2020 7:33 AM in response to Geegi4

Usually people get the storage full error when they are trying to update the watch,the solution usually is to unpair and re-pair the watch,this deletes temporary and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system and releases a surprisingly large amount of storage space.

I know you're not updating but it might be worth a try and you don't lose any data in the process.

Why does the watch not record workout minutes while you are outdoor walking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.