Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XSMax recover draft email from photos

On my iPhone XSMax how do I recover a draft email that I started when I tried to email a photo

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 6:49 PM

To look for an incomplete or an unsent email please look in the DRAFTS folder of the app that you were using to compose the email. If the email is not in your choice of the email app then chances are that you have lost that email. Some email apps save the draft email in the outbox folder.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 6:49 PM in response to XSMaxRecvrdraftemailfromphoto

To look for an incomplete or an unsent email please look in the DRAFTS folder of the app that you were using to compose the email. If the email is not in your choice of the email app then chances are that you have lost that email. Some email apps save the draft email in the outbox folder.

Axel F.

Jun 12, 2020 7:09 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thanks Axel.

I was in the Photos section of my iPhone, where I chose to email the photos. After clicking on the 2 photos I wanted, and the email icon, I started typing a LONG email. Once I was putting in the address, I thought that I had the addressee's partner's so I looked it up. It was then that I realized that I had lost the email!

I've looked in the "draft" folder in all 3 of my email accounts - the gmail account where I thought it was housed, the yahoo account where I KNEW it wasn't and the icloud account . No success in any of these.

I see NO "outbox" folders on any of these accounts. I looked at the "sent" files, but no success there either.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Cathy

Jun 12, 2020 8:09 PM in response to XSMaxRecvrdraftemailfromphoto

Hello Cathy,

No, no other ideas except a recommendation for the future and that is that when you use the share sheet from Photos (or any other app) a secondary window opens up (in your case the compose mail window) and then you have to complete that task before moving away from that window. I believe that you moved away to check on validity of email address and in the process lost the draft.

If you plan to send an email out which you believe will be lengthy then compose the email first and then select and attach the photos by using the attach feature of the given mail app that you are using. If you do this and do not send the email then it will be saved in the Drafts folder.

Axel F.

iPhone XSMax recover draft email from photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.