Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil not connecting

My Apple Pencil is not connecting to my iPad, when connecting to the lightning adapter nothing appears where I can click pair

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 7:22 PM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2020 5:17 AM in response to Lauren_eugenio

The tags appended to your post suggest that you have an iPad Air 3. This appears to be a bug affecting some users of Air3, subsequent to updating to iPadOS 13.5.x, that seemingly interferes with pairing of the Apple Pencil.

Another contributor, ApplesAreUs, reports having found a workaround solution to this issue:

“... can confirm the issue is iOS 13.5. The only way to pair your 1st Gen Apple Pencil to your iPad Air 3 is to quickly connect and then disconnect power to your iPad then plug the Pencil into the Lighting port. This will fix the issue and will pair successfully

It’s like the quick jab of power to the iPad ‘wakes’ some part of the software into action. I can confirm I’ve tried this on 2 different iPad Airs with same result”.

This discussion details the workaround - and links to the original solution posting:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251445258?answerId=252805522022#252805522022

I hope the workaround works for you.

Apple Pencil not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.