Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic wil not open after download of last update of logic 10.5.1 tried all. suggestions

LOGIC was working OK with current catalina and worked with new logic pro 10.5 but after downloading the logic Pro 10.5.1 can not get logic to open tried all listed suggestions also I could not find any preference file anywhere, user files and mac files looking for com.apple.logic10.plist

the error message was bad registry try and redownload (unable to)

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 12:26 AM

Well I could not. rest without some checking I found I still have logicPro X 10.5(no update)on Time Machine( YEAH Time MAcine) and it booted and ran perfectly(so far)

I do not know exactly what the 10.5.1 update was suppose to fix, but without it, every thing is back to normal and with it, it will not boot.

Final test for me is I will isolate the updated and try booting it to see if it works, I don't think it will. I will then try to boot Logic 10.5 and it it works, thats all for me Unless Apple solves this, I will be happy with 10.5. No auto updates

Keary1213

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 12:26 AM in response to keary1213

Well I could not. rest without some checking I found I still have logicPro X 10.5(no update)on Time Machine( YEAH Time MAcine) and it booted and ran perfectly(so far)

I do not know exactly what the 10.5.1 update was suppose to fix, but without it, every thing is back to normal and with it, it will not boot.

Final test for me is I will isolate the updated and try booting it to see if it works, I don't think it will. I will then try to boot Logic 10.5 and it it works, thats all for me Unless Apple solves this, I will be happy with 10.5. No auto updates

Keary1213

Jun 16, 2020 10:53 PM in response to keary1213

well, I found out one thing that even if logicPro X 10.5.1 won;t boot, I still had logicPro X 3.2 And it booted just fine! I did get on the 2 partial projects a notice that they where made with a newer version.

So catalina10.15.5 on my system allowed logicPro 10.3.2 to load normally.I have not spent any time testing it out( are edits ect OK, but at least this is a start APPLE!! What is it in the Logic upgrade 10.5.1 that will not allow it to load in catalina

Any one have any other logic pro versions they have tried? I think i may have 1 or 2 other older versions and I may try some piece mealing parts into logic 10.5 I am back to a low enough grade user that I am not real concern right now about all the new parts in. 10.5.1* sampler,ect you know, but I look forward to being ableto use them,

I'll keep tracking on this. Ir'a sure, blind luck for me, I have been unable to work with logic for a couple of yrs due to health, and frankly I have forgotten a lot of it. But I have time, being retired, and I hate when Apple seems to want to use us as lab rabbits. I mean come on Apple, at least respond somewhere with a hint of empathy or something to show your concern that all these people with logic are derserving or at least some hint of what is going on.( I will now get off my soapbox)

Now if someone could just tell me why i always have 2 bells(not 3) after every time I boot the imac, and always at the end!

logic wil not open after download of last update of logic 10.5.1 tried all. suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.