Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deregister phone number in iMessage & FaceTime

Good morning, I have recently changed my iPhone and phone number. Unfortunately I do no longer have my old iPhone and my old SIM card.

On my Apple ID settings page it appears that I can still be reachable at the old phone number. I cannot delete it, because it says that it is still being used for iMessage & Facetime.

How can I deregister my old number from iMessage & FaceTime? I have already tried in changing Apple ID password, but...nothing.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 8:17 AM

Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers. You need to change the number on your Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync.

Apple ID - Manage     

3 replies

Jun 14, 2020 1:14 AM in response to Eric Root

Good morning Eric,

Many thanks for your reply. Just to better understand: I do sign out from iMessage and FaceTime in all apple devices I do currently have, except the iPhone I have already dismissed. Then I will have to try to change the number in the Apple ID and wait for 2 hours. With such procedure the old phone number (the SIM card of which it is no longe in my possession) will be deregistered.

I am trying right now and let you know.

regards

Dora

Deregister phone number in iMessage & FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.