Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using photos for my desk top, in Catilina photos. When i go to preferences and select photos it no longer gives me the option to select a specific year for my desktop photo

I am using photos for my desk top, in Catilina photos. When i go to preferences and select photos it no longer gives me the option to select a specific year for my desktop photos. I could do this in High Sierra, is there a way to do this in Catilina? What am I missing?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 9:50 AM

You may want to create a smart album in Photos for each year you want to use ior your desktop Pictures:

• File > New Smart album
  • Set the rule to Date is in the range ....
  • Then restart photos and the System Preferences an look for your new smart album in the Album Section of photos.

Or set the DesktopPicture from the Photos.app, where you can open the Photos > Years to select the photo. Then use "Share > Set Desktop Picture".

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2020 9:50 AM in response to Livemell

You may want to create a smart album in Photos for each year you want to use ior your desktop Pictures:

• File > New Smart album
  • Set the rule to Date is in the range ....
  • Then restart photos and the System Preferences an look for your new smart album in the Album Section of photos.

Or set the DesktopPicture from the Photos.app, where you can open the Photos > Years to select the photo. Then use "Share > Set Desktop Picture".

using photos for my desk top, in Catilina photos. When i go to preferences and select photos it no longer gives me the option to select a specific year for my desktop photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.