Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my work is on iBooks Author. Can I still publish without Pages to iBooks Store?

I have spent 5 years creating 3 textbooks on iBooks Author that are now ready to be published. Included in my content are 200 videos that need DRM protection. Can I still publish my books to iBooks store using iTunes Author and Producer?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 12:03 PM

filmdesk wrote:

We are left hanging, wondering if iBooks Author has to export to Pages, to then publish on Apple Books.

Interesting point. The Book store accepts epub made with any app, including iBA, and I can't imagine that would change. But how long it will continue to accept the .ibooks format which only iBA can produce is not spelled out yet.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2020 12:03 PM in response to filmdesk

filmdesk wrote:

We are left hanging, wondering if iBooks Author has to export to Pages, to then publish on Apple Books.

Interesting point. The Book store accepts epub made with any app, including iBA, and I can't imagine that would change. But how long it will continue to accept the .ibooks format which only iBA can produce is not spelled out yet.

Jun 13, 2020 11:57 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

That's helpful Tom. I hope that is the what Apple's note's intent is too.

The note reads, "You can continue to use iBooks Author on macOS 10.15 and earlier, and books previously published to Apple Books from iBooks Author will remain available."

If Apple's note read, "You can continue to use iBooks Author on macOS 10.15 and earlier to publish Apple Books....", it would be clearer. We are left hanging, wondering if iBooks Author has to export to Pages, to then publish on Apple Books.

All my work is on iBooks Author. Can I still publish without Pages to iBooks Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.