Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV is asking for a verification code to sign in to my iTunes but not giving me an option to type in the code

My Apple TV is asking for a verification code to sign in to my iTunes but not giving me an option to type in the code

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 11:56 PM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, and an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), then the sign-in procedure needs some adjustment. Type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

To avoid exceeding the time limit, it is recommended to do it like this: When asked, enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or anything), and then submit.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2020 11:56 PM in response to Muhmuhmarie

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, and an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), then the sign-in procedure needs some adjustment. Type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

To avoid exceeding the time limit, it is recommended to do it like this: When asked, enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or anything), and then submit.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.