Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X stopped working today

What happened to Logic Pro???? Yesterday It worked perfectly. Today it freezes and never starts.

I followed the instructions from Apple, but it still will not work.

I've re-installed it and it still won't work

I've used a different user and in that one it says that I have used over 99 audio tracks, when I haven't used any

The problems appear to start with the scanning of audio units.

If I disable core audio, it loads but nothing works.

What happened overnight to cause this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 6:26 PM

I logged a case with AppleCare and they assist me by clearing the cache and restarting. The audio plugin scanning fails again, so I took all plu ins out of their folder and then Logic Pro works perfectly again. It seems to me that the latest OS update caused them to become incompatible.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 6:26 PM in response to Ace2008

I logged a case with AppleCare and they assist me by clearing the cache and restarting. The audio plugin scanning fails again, so I took all plu ins out of their folder and then Logic Pro works perfectly again. It seems to me that the latest OS update caused them to become incompatible.

Jun 19, 2020 2:55 PM in response to iminertia

You are right. They deleted the file com.audiounits.cache, and then stopped the audio unit scanning. Logic then worked. Next I was told to move the audio units out, and then back in one at a time until the offending one was identified. As I had never used any of them, I deleted them all and Logic works fine.

The problem appears to be Apple doing updates to the OS which causes certain old audio units to become incompatible. It's up to the unit manufacturer to ensure ongoing compatibility, and they don't.

Logic Pro X stopped working today

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.