Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages on iPhone

When I receive messages on my iPhone, those from people whose number I have saved using the +44 prefix have their names shown, but those saved without the +44 prefix just display the number. Any suggestions?!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 11:52 AM

Greetings romor,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand contacts who don't have the prefix entered will not have their names displayed correctly in Messages.

To start, ensure iOS is updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, tap Settings > General > Language & Region. Change the region to a different location. Then, change the location back to the correct location. After, restart your iPhone and test the behavior.

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 11:52 AM in response to romor

Greetings romor,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand contacts who don't have the prefix entered will not have their names displayed correctly in Messages.

To start, ensure iOS is updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, tap Settings > General > Language & Region. Change the region to a different location. Then, change the location back to the correct location. After, restart your iPhone and test the behavior.

Kind regards.

Messages on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.