Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to scan from notes in my iPhone 11

How can I scan a document in my notes on my iPhone 11 with my iPhone 11 Apple’s instructions do not work

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 4:55 AM

On my iPhone, using iOS 13.5.1, in Notes, if I tap on camera icon, it opens a window in which I can choose what to do: scan, take a picture or video, open the camera roll, as per this userguide section:--> Add attachments to notes on iPhone - Apple Support

If you do not see that window, try a forced restart of your iPhone:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 4:55 AM in response to Kittsiesmum

On my iPhone, using iOS 13.5.1, in Notes, if I tap on camera icon, it opens a window in which I can choose what to do: scan, take a picture or video, open the camera roll, as per this userguide section:--> Add attachments to notes on iPhone - Apple Support

If you do not see that window, try a forced restart of your iPhone:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Jun 14, 2020 4:34 AM in response to ProustGiulio

It

does not work I don’t understand the logic of opening a note on my phone hitting the camera button it doesn’t go to the document on my phone it goes to take a picture even though I’ve requested to scan

per these instructions

1. Place your document in view of the camera on your device.

How can you place a document this on your phone into the of your camera My iPhone 11 won’t do it and it doesn’t make any logical to me either

Jun 14, 2020 7:28 AM in response to Kittsiesmum

Ohh... sorry about that.

In Notes, tapping on the camera icon, can you see the window with the options I listed?

or, please better describe (with some more details) what happens when you try, and what your needs are, keeping in mind that there are many 3rd party apps. Before that feature was natively available in Notes, I used to scan my documents using an app called "Genius Scan", but there are many other on AppStore.

Giulio

How to scan from notes in my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.