Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BUG - iphone se-1 optimized charge not working?

i have never seen optimized charging working on my iPhone SE-1.

Here is a case in point. What happened to my battery between midnight and 7:50?

Also isn’t the activity supposed to reset after the battery is charged to 100%?

Am I missing something or is this a software bug?

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 7:30 AM

The phone was not connected to power before midnight, and it shut down when the battery state of charge reached 0%. It was subsequently connected to power, and it charged while the phone was off. When it was turned on around 7 AM it’s clear that it had been charging overnight because it came on at 100%.

This is not related to optimized charging, which requires that the phone not be in a shutdown state for it to show on the bar graph.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 7:30 AM in response to Alfonso

The phone was not connected to power before midnight, and it shut down when the battery state of charge reached 0%. It was subsequently connected to power, and it charged while the phone was off. When it was turned on around 7 AM it’s clear that it had been charging overnight because it came on at 100%.

This is not related to optimized charging, which requires that the phone not be in a shutdown state for it to show on the bar graph.

Jun 14, 2020 7:44 AM in response to Alfonso

It should charge to 80%, then complete the charge to 100% later to align with your normal usage of the phone. It tries to find out when you first start using the phone in the morning and adjusts the final charge from 80% to 100% so it will be fully charged when you are ready to use it. But if you use it during the night that algorithm fails, so it will simply charge to 100% rather than pause at 80%. If you have any power-intensive background processes that run sometime during the night that can also defeat optimized charging.

Jun 14, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Alfonso

Look for sync processes that only use Wi-Fi, so they will not sync when the phone is asleep or out of range of Wi-Fi. Check the battery usage in the evening, noting the highest users of energy, then check again in the morning for the difference. You can tap on any app in Settings/Battery to see what energy was used in foreground and background.

BUG - iphone se-1 optimized charge not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.