Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my desktop files are missing and are not deleted

my desktop and documents files are missing and are not deleted and in my system preferences the iCloud setting to untick desktop and document is already unticked

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 10:16 AM

Just assking, did you try this?

Recover files deleted from iCloud Drive

You can recover files you deleted from iCloud Drive in the last 30 days.

1. In iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, tap Recently Deleted at the bottom of the window.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • Recover some items: Tap Select, tap the items you want to recover, then tap Recover.
    • Recover all items: Tap Recover All.

Look for your recovered files in the folders they were in when you deleted them. For example, if a file was in the Pages folder when you deleted it, look for the recovered file in the Pages folder.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 10:16 AM in response to mustapha07

Just assking, did you try this?

Recover files deleted from iCloud Drive

You can recover files you deleted from iCloud Drive in the last 30 days.

1. In iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, tap Recently Deleted at the bottom of the window.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • Recover some items: Tap Select, tap the items you want to recover, then tap Recover.
    • Recover all items: Tap Recover All.

Look for your recovered files in the folders they were in when you deleted them. For example, if a file was in the Pages folder when you deleted it, look for the recovered file in the Pages folder.

my desktop files are missing and are not deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.