Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Secure Video Streaming & Recording

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone went through a similar scenario and managed to find a work around. Recently purchased a Logitech Circle View Camera for my apartment. Also setup a HomeKit Hub with my iPad. Current Streaming & Recording are set to turn off when I'm home and allow Stream & Allow Recording when I'm away. Sometimes when I leave my apartment I will only wear my Apple Watch and leave my iPhone at home. This causes the Logitech Circle View Camera to never turn on because the iPhone at home makes my HomeKit Hub think I never left. Is there a way for the Apple Watch leaving the apartment trigger Streaming & Recording even though my iPhone is still home?

Thanks and best regards,

iAnthony Pro

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 1:52 PM

4 replies

Jun 14, 2020 5:36 PM in response to zinacef

Hey Zinacef --

I have an iPad acting as the hub. The Apple Watch I have is on cellular. I like riding bikes, so it's nice not having to take my iPhone with me when I go out on rides. But not being able to record if I leave my iPhone at home defeats the purpose of having the camera. I'm going to try putting the iPhone on AirPlane mode when I leave and see if that solves my issue.

HomeKit Secure Video Streaming & Recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.