Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ex employee set up iPad under company. No password

a former employee set up our IPad but never documented the password. What can I do?

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 1:59 PM

There are several quite different things with passwords, and variously referenced as “locked”...

I’ll guess you’re referencing either Activation Lock or maybe Passcode, here...

...Activation Lock.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You need the Apple ID and passcode associated with the Activation Lock, or the purchase receipt and matching photo ID and a discussion with Apple Support. For a company owned device, retrieve the corporate purchase paperwork and some appropriate and representative corporate ID, and have a chat with Apple Support. Activation Lock is a theft deterrent, and it wouldn’t be a theft deterrent if it were easy to bypass.

...Carrier Lock.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Only the carrier can clear that lock.

...Passcode Lock.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Reset and reload the device, if it’s become disabled due to the passcode lock.

...Screen Time Lock:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

...An iPhone or iPad that is “locked up” or frozen:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 1:59 PM in response to Granstand69

There are several quite different things with passwords, and variously referenced as “locked”...

I’ll guess you’re referencing either Activation Lock or maybe Passcode, here...

...Activation Lock.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You need the Apple ID and passcode associated with the Activation Lock, or the purchase receipt and matching photo ID and a discussion with Apple Support. For a company owned device, retrieve the corporate purchase paperwork and some appropriate and representative corporate ID, and have a chat with Apple Support. Activation Lock is a theft deterrent, and it wouldn’t be a theft deterrent if it were easy to bypass.

...Carrier Lock.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Only the carrier can clear that lock.

...Passcode Lock.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Reset and reload the device, if it’s become disabled due to the passcode lock.

...Screen Time Lock:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

...An iPhone or iPad that is “locked up” or frozen:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Jun 14, 2020 2:50 PM in response to Granstand69

Thank you for the information. Activation lock requiring password with associated ID is what we are dealing with. Long story short, the IPad Air in question was purchased about three years ago, the employee who set it up was let go about 2 years ago. We didn’t locate the IPad until a few weeks ago while we were in the final stages of merging with our parent company.

The only information I’d be able to give to Apple would be my Company ID, the receipt would be nearly impossible to find. At this point it looks like we have a paperweight

Ex employee set up iPad under company. No password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.