Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 screen recall

So I got this Apple Watch series 3 and I was wondering if this would get replaced for free as it says in the recall or if I will have to pay for it? I am gonna add the recall and a photo of my watch. Thanks for your help

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 7:32 PM

Your repair probably won't be free since your watch has shattered along points not identified in the picture you provided. Talk to Apple Care for a final determination. Start here: https://support.apple.com/watch/repair/service

5 replies

Jul 15, 2020 2:46 PM in response to connorfromgrinnell

My wife's series three had the screen break off all around the edges as shown in the picture. There was no other damage and it was not hit in any way. I sent it to apple under the recall program and got a reply from the technician that it was not covered because "there were pieces of the screen missing". Of course with a multi layer screen there were pieces missing. The apple support people tried to be helpful but apparently these calls by the technician are final with no recourse. Anyone else had this type of experience.

Apple Watch series 3 screen recall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.