You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone x died after 13.5.1

my daughter's iphone x will not restart after the 13.5.1 update was loaded. she spent 1.5 with apple support yesterday and was unable to recover it. her entire phone is backed up to icloud but even a factory reset won't work. any ideas?

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 5:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 5:38 PM

I'm having this problem with my iPhone XS Max after my updates to 13.5 and 13.5.1

Try this:

• Boot in recovery mode and connect to your computer. Restore (to 13.5.1)
  • When the phone starts up, try to get through all of the set up screens as quickly as possible, and don't let the phone display dim. No passcode, no FaceID. Do not try to restore right away.
  • Once you're done with set up and you're on the main screen, go to settings display & brightness and turn off auto lock.

At least for me, these steps stabilized the phone. Now you can try logging into icloud and restoring your phone from backup.

My phone is prone to rebooting if I use messages or if the lock screen is activated. (in those cases, try to tap quickly on either the phone or flashlight icons - those seem to stop the rebooting)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 15, 2020 5:38 PM in response to dsamaan

I'm having this problem with my iPhone XS Max after my updates to 13.5 and 13.5.1

Try this:

• Boot in recovery mode and connect to your computer. Restore (to 13.5.1)
  • When the phone starts up, try to get through all of the set up screens as quickly as possible, and don't let the phone display dim. No passcode, no FaceID. Do not try to restore right away.
  • Once you're done with set up and you're on the main screen, go to settings display & brightness and turn off auto lock.

At least for me, these steps stabilized the phone. Now you can try logging into icloud and restoring your phone from backup.

My phone is prone to rebooting if I use messages or if the lock screen is activated. (in those cases, try to tap quickly on either the phone or flashlight icons - those seem to stop the rebooting)

iphone x died after 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.