Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i upgrade or update my current macbook pro version 10.11.6 to the latest now

How do i upgrade or update my current macbook pro version 10.11.6 to the latest now?

MacBook

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 5:15 AM

That would depend on the market introduction date of your MacBook Pro on whether it can be upgraded, and to what version of macOS.

From menu : About This Mac panel, what is inside the parenthesis (e.g. Late 2012) on the Mac description line. That date will be used to determine if you meet the hardware requirements for upgrade:

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

Understand that upgrading to Catalina is a big step if you have any 32-bit applications that you depend upon, or vendor software that is 64-bit, but not Catalina compatible. Catalina only supports 64-bit applications. You can use the free Go64 software to inventory your 32-bit and 64-bit applications. Also note that if you have older printer/scanners, their vendors may still only provide 32-bit drivers which also will not work on Catalina.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 5:15 AM in response to 208AliceNg

That would depend on the market introduction date of your MacBook Pro on whether it can be upgraded, and to what version of macOS.

From menu : About This Mac panel, what is inside the parenthesis (e.g. Late 2012) on the Mac description line. That date will be used to determine if you meet the hardware requirements for upgrade:

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

Understand that upgrading to Catalina is a big step if you have any 32-bit applications that you depend upon, or vendor software that is 64-bit, but not Catalina compatible. Catalina only supports 64-bit applications. You can use the free Go64 software to inventory your 32-bit and 64-bit applications. Also note that if you have older printer/scanners, their vendors may still only provide 32-bit drivers which also will not work on Catalina.

how do i upgrade or update my current macbook pro version 10.11.6 to the latest now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.