Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Track Pad on MacBook Air

My track pad on my MacBook Air does not “click” thereby not allowing me to open any links. Any solution for this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 9:45 PM

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the Trackpad issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. If none of the above methods work for your Trackpad then open System Preferences and then Tap on Trackpad and ensure that the settings match to the picture shown below and then try again.

If nothing works from the above steps then it is probably time to get your MacBook AIr examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 9:45 PM in response to snootie

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the Trackpad issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. If none of the above methods work for your Trackpad then open System Preferences and then Tap on Trackpad and ensure that the settings match to the picture shown below and then try again.

If nothing works from the above steps then it is probably time to get your MacBook AIr examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

Track Pad on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.