Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to copy pictures from "Photos Library.photoslibrary-> Show Package Contents -> Masters " to desktop

I want to organize my pictures based on month and move to our central storage. I am unable to copy & paste the individual files from "Photos Library.photoslibrary-> Show Package Contents -> Masters -> XXXX...... ". As soon as I click Paste on the destination, a small copy window appears and thats it.... It just stays for hours and no nothing. Is it because the pictures are in .HEIC format? Any help would be appreciated.....

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 3:03 PM

You need to use the File => Export => Export Unmodified Original

That will get you a carbon copy of the images as imported. Accessing the library package is not supported in any circumstances.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 16, 2020 12:27 PM in response to SPRK2009

You might be right about the cause of the paste failure, but a more important point is that you are manipulating the Photos Library using something other than Photos (Finder, presumably). This is likely to cause irreparable damage to the Library.

You would probably be better to use Photos, and Folders and Albums within it, to organise your pictures. Smart Albums are a useful tool. You could move the whole Library to your central storage, if that's important to you, using Finder when Photos is closed. There are topics on here about the best way to do this.

Stephen

Unable to copy pictures from "Photos Library.photoslibrary-> Show Package Contents -> Masters " to desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.