Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I forward a text message to someone else?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 3:02 PM

Hi arieslady,

I understand you're trying to forward messages to another person, and I want to help.

If you would like to share a specific message that came in, you can long press the message bubble, and choose More, and the Forward is the arrow in the bottom right.

If you would like your texts to be automatically forwarded because you're not available, this isn't something you can do from your iPhone, and your iMessages will not be forwarded.

To do forward your SMS/MMS messages you would have to check with your carrier for that feature.

If that is what you're trying to do, since iMessages can't be forwarded, you would likely want to turn iMessage off so that you don't miss messages.

Go to Settings > Messages > iMessage, and you can turn iMessage off right there.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 3:02 PM in response to arieslady

Hi arieslady,

I understand you're trying to forward messages to another person, and I want to help.

If you would like to share a specific message that came in, you can long press the message bubble, and choose More, and the Forward is the arrow in the bottom right.

If you would like your texts to be automatically forwarded because you're not available, this isn't something you can do from your iPhone, and your iMessages will not be forwarded.

To do forward your SMS/MMS messages you would have to check with your carrier for that feature.

If that is what you're trying to do, since iMessages can't be forwarded, you would likely want to turn iMessage off so that you don't miss messages.

Go to Settings > Messages > iMessage, and you can turn iMessage off right there.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.