Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Backup

How can I backup everything on my phone to my computer (windows) through iTunes including everything that is already backed up to my iCloud? The website states that "A backup from a computer doesn't include: ... Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages." I would like the redundancy in order to be safer.

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 2:18 PM

If you are syncing photos, message or anything else to icloud it is not part of the icloud or itunes backup.

you would need to manually make a backup of those data.

read here photos Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

read here message Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

5 replies

Jun 16, 2020 1:54 PM in response to razmee209

Not quite sure what you mean, are you saying that there is no way to backup everything on my phone to my computer (including everything that is already backed up to my iCloud?

Backups from your computer

A computer backup of your device, which is not the same as a sync, includes almost all of your device's data and settings. A backup from a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from Finder or iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages

iPhone Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.