Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone has a cracked front screen it’s less than a year old but it says limited hardware warranty

Hi my iPhone has a cracked front screen it’s less than a year old but it says limited hardware warranty. Does this mean I will be covered to get my screen fixed?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 1:51 PM

The warranty does not cover accidetnal damage. It covers issues attributable to the manufacturing process. In those cases Apple will repair or replace the device cor free.

Accidental damage is not related to the manufacturing process and as such Apple will still fix it, but you will need to pay for it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 1:51 PM in response to sheree245

The warranty does not cover accidetnal damage. It covers issues attributable to the manufacturing process. In those cases Apple will repair or replace the device cor free.

Accidental damage is not related to the manufacturing process and as such Apple will still fix it, but you will need to pay for it.

My iPhone has a cracked front screen it’s less than a year old but it says limited hardware warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.