Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Pro, 15", mid 2010. do I reset the SMC by removing the battery. the article talks about 2009 models and earlier.

I have a MacBook Pro, 15", mid 2010. do I reset the SMC by removing the battery? the article talks about 2009 models and earlier.

I'm having problems with the battery holding a charge.

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 10:04 PM

If your MacBook Pro battery is removable then-

1. Shut down your MacBook Pro
  2. Remove the battery. (If you need help removing it, contact an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.)
  3. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
  4. Reinstall the battery.
  5. Press the power button to turn on your Mac.

You are having problems with your battery as far as holding a charge is concerned. It is more than likely failing.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 10:04 PM in response to susanann

If your MacBook Pro battery is removable then-

1. Shut down your MacBook Pro
  2. Remove the battery. (If you need help removing it, contact an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.)
  3. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
  4. Reinstall the battery.
  5. Press the power button to turn on your Mac.

You are having problems with your battery as far as holding a charge is concerned. It is more than likely failing.

Axel F.

I have a MacBook Pro, 15", mid 2010. do I reset the SMC by removing the battery. the article talks about 2009 models and earlier.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.