Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my AirPods never connect to my MacBook Pro

They work just fine with my iPhone, but refuse to connect to the MacBook pro.

I have reset the AirPods several times and re-added back to the MacBook pro. The AirPods appear in the list of devices but will never connect.

I also reset the bluetooth config by deleting the plist file then I had to re-add my devices. Everything else connects fine to the bluetooth, but these AirPods refuse to connect. It is frustrating because I have to attend video meetings on my computer and want to use my AirPods.

HomePod

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 12:32 AM

Prvt. Donut Said:

"my AirPods never connect to my MacBook Pro: [...]The AirPods appear in the list of devices but will never connect. Everything else connects fine to the bluetooth, but these AirPods refuse to connect."

-------

A Few Thoughts:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 12:32 AM in response to Prvt. Donut

Prvt. Donut Said:

"my AirPods never connect to my MacBook Pro: [...]The AirPods appear in the list of devices but will never connect. Everything else connects fine to the bluetooth, but these AirPods refuse to connect."

-------

A Few Thoughts:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Jun 17, 2020 12:38 AM in response to Prvt. Donut

Prvt. Donut Said:

"my AirPods never connect to my MacBook Pro: [...] It is frustrating because I have to attend video meetings on my computer and want to use my AirPods."

-------

Boot into Safe Mode:

If the above is of no success, then boot into Safe Mode (Hold Down the Shift key upon boot). See if it then connects. While in Safe Mode, items only run as they would by default, and log in items do not open.

Use a New Administrator:

Also, try creating a new Administrator User. See if it now works. If so, then it is something misconfigured in your current user. So, use that use for the time being. When you have time, transfer everything over to the new user, then trash this user.

my AirPods never connect to my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.