Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 10000 pictures have disappeared from icloud

I had over 10000 pictures in photos and iCloud. All disappeared. Where are they? Device is iPad Pro 11”

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 10:16 PM

Merode29 Said:

"my 10000 pictures have disappeared from iCloud: i didn’t do any changes. Only bought more iCloud space. And keep on getting on my iPad when try to connect to iCloud the following message:your browser isn’t currently supported. Tried my Mac and there did manage to get into iCloud and pictures aren’t there either. Found about 1900 pictures but used to have over 10000!"

A Few More Thoughts:

A. iCloud.com

Perhaps the reside in there?

1. Go to: iCloud.com
  2. Select: Photos
  3. See: if they reside in there

B. Try Another Browser:

Go Here: Which iCloud.com Features are Available in the Browser on your Device - Apple Support

• Apple Safari
  • Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Internet Explorer
  • Edge
  • Opera for Windows

C. Sign Back In to iCloud:

Perhaps all needs to reconfigure once more.

Go Here: Set Up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Apple Support

D. Try Another Device:

Try Another Device (Apple, PC, or Android). See if they are accessible on there. If so, upload them to iCloud, if not uploaded already.

E. Update your iPad Once More:

Perhaps the update was not 100% successful?

Go Here: Update iPadOS - Apple Support. View the Following:

• Update iPad automatically
  • Update iPad manually
  • Update using your computer
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 10:16 PM in response to Merode29

Merode29 Said:

"my 10000 pictures have disappeared from iCloud: i didn’t do any changes. Only bought more iCloud space. And keep on getting on my iPad when try to connect to iCloud the following message:your browser isn’t currently supported. Tried my Mac and there did manage to get into iCloud and pictures aren’t there either. Found about 1900 pictures but used to have over 10000!"

A Few More Thoughts:

A. iCloud.com

Perhaps the reside in there?

1. Go to: iCloud.com
  2. Select: Photos
  3. See: if they reside in there

B. Try Another Browser:

Go Here: Which iCloud.com Features are Available in the Browser on your Device - Apple Support

• Apple Safari
  • Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Internet Explorer
  • Edge
  • Opera for Windows

C. Sign Back In to iCloud:

Perhaps all needs to reconfigure once more.

Go Here: Set Up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Apple Support

D. Try Another Device:

Try Another Device (Apple, PC, or Android). See if they are accessible on there. If so, upload them to iCloud, if not uploaded already.

E. Update your iPad Once More:

Perhaps the update was not 100% successful?

Go Here: Update iPadOS - Apple Support. View the Following:

• Update iPad automatically
  • Update iPad manually
  • Update using your computer

Jun 20, 2020 12:09 PM in response to Merode29

Merode29 Said:

"my 10000 pictures have disappeared from iCloud: I am not sure where I am supposed to sign out and back in to I cloud. When I try it just tells me that my browser isn’t supported. No idea what that means.

———-

Where to Go:

1. Go To: icloud.com
  2. Login with your Apple Credentials
  3. Select: “Photos:

As for the browser, use:

• Mozilla Firefox
  • Google Chrome
  • Apple Safari

Jun 17, 2020 9:41 PM in response to zinacef

i didn’t do any changes. Only bought more iCloud space.

And keep on getting on my iPad when try to connect to iCloud the following message:your browser isn’t currently supported.

Tried my Mac and there did manage to get into iCloud and pictures aren’t there either. Found about 1900 pictures but used to have over 10000!

Thanks for trying to help.

Jun 17, 2020 11:36 PM in response to Merode29

Merode29 Said:

"my 10000 pictures have disappeared from iCloud: [...]And C when you say to set up again iCloud m won’t I loose the little I do have? Thanks for the advise.

———-

You are welcome.

About C.:

No. I am saying to Sign In again to iCloud - not set up your iPad again. The photos that are on your iPad are on your iPad - they’ll stay put.

By signing out and then back in to iCloud, you may see them in your Photos app, because all will by synchronized as it should. Whichever photos are not on your iPhone would be in iCloud.

my 10000 pictures have disappeared from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.