Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV APP - where is my personal library?

OK. So Apple TV app works fine on Big new iMac. Can access my many movies and home movies on every device and apple TV. BUT....I cannot get access to it on my Apple TV App on my macbook pro. Apple TV app is set up, same wifi, same Apple ID, home sharing is on. But my personal library does NOT show up in Library.

I have tried resetting home sharing, I have rebooted, I have started the app pressing option. etc etc. It is not a home sharing problem as it works fine on the other devices. Both Macs run Catalina.

HELP, this is super annoying.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 5:31 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If the library you are referring to is content that hasn't been purchased from the iTunes Store, then you won't see it in the Apple TV app which doesn't support home sharing. The app to use for home sharing content from a networked computer is the computers app. (currently orange with the image of a computer on it)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 5:31 AM in response to flourgirl

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If the library you are referring to is content that hasn't been purchased from the iTunes Store, then you won't see it in the Apple TV app which doesn't support home sharing. The app to use for home sharing content from a networked computer is the computers app. (currently orange with the image of a computer on it)

Apple TV APP - where is my personal library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.