Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Once everything is backed up on the Icloud and the computer, am i able to delete photos from my iphone?

I am looking to delete photos from my iphone. I have most of them backed up , so if i wanted to delete photos from my iphone that have been backed up will they stay in the cloud?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 10:36 AM

am looking to delete photos from my iphone. I have most of them backed up , so if i wanted to delete photos from my iphone that have been backed up will they stay in the cloud?

Depends on what you mean by backed up.

If you mean synced using iCloud Photos, no.

If you mean in an iCloud backup you created, again no. If you create a new iCloud Backup after the one containing your photos, it will be overwritten and your photos erased.

If you mean some other method of backup, let us know.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 10:36 AM in response to sbaltazar7

am looking to delete photos from my iphone. I have most of them backed up , so if i wanted to delete photos from my iphone that have been backed up will they stay in the cloud?

Depends on what you mean by backed up.

If you mean synced using iCloud Photos, no.

If you mean in an iCloud backup you created, again no. If you create a new iCloud Backup after the one containing your photos, it will be overwritten and your photos erased.

If you mean some other method of backup, let us know.

Once everything is backed up on the Icloud and the computer, am i able to delete photos from my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.