Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I own two iPhones--i have one, my wife has the others. We are on one Apple ID account. What is causing the "name" of each phone to change to what name is input in the other? Each time there is an iOS update our iPhone both end up with my name.

We own two iPhones SE's--I have one, my wife has the others. We are on one Apple ID account. What is causing the "name" of each phone to change to what name is input in the other? Each time there is an iOS update our iPhone both end up with my name. When I edit my wife's iPhone with her name it changes the name on mine to hers. What settings are set wrong?! Help!

iPhone SE

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 3:10 PM

Stop sharing an Apple ID. One of you needs to set up a new ID.

1 reply

I own two iPhones--i have one, my wife has the others. We are on one Apple ID account. What is causing the "name" of each phone to change to what name is input in the other? Each time there is an iOS update our iPhone both end up with my name.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.