Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless internet connection drops on iPadOS 13.5

I’ve being having a problem with my iPadPro 9.7” where I lose the internet connection although wireless is still shown as active. I turn the wireless connection off and back on and my internet reconnects. I don’t have this problem with my iPhone 8s which connects to the same wireless network. I have tried various actions suggested on web sites but the issue still occurs. The 13.5.1 update didn’t improve it. It doesn’t seem to be tied to any specific app. It occurs in Twitter and Safari for certain.

In Safari, the ‘busy wheel’ spins which is my cue. I turn off and on the Wi-Fi setting or go in and out of Airplane mode then return to Safari and often get the message “....because your iPad is not connected to the Internet.”

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 6:10 PM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 6:10 PM in response to CPW

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Wireless internet connection drops on iPadOS 13.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.