Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost photos

I deleted the photos out of my old phone and lost them in my new phone. What do i do?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 4:26 PM

If you enabled iCloud Photo Library syncing, all edits made on one device (including deletions, additions, etc) are synced to all your other iCPL-enabled devices, including iCloud itself. 

You can recover the photos you deleted from your computer backup, or from The Recently Deleted album (on any device, incl. iCloud). The Recently Deleted album keeps deleted photos for 30 days in case the user changes his/her mind, but only if that album was not manually emptied.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 4:26 PM in response to bobbi105

If you enabled iCloud Photo Library syncing, all edits made on one device (including deletions, additions, etc) are synced to all your other iCPL-enabled devices, including iCloud itself. 

You can recover the photos you deleted from your computer backup, or from The Recently Deleted album (on any device, incl. iCloud). The Recently Deleted album keeps deleted photos for 30 days in case the user changes his/her mind, but only if that album was not manually emptied.

lost photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.