Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Water Damage

About an hour and a half ago, I spilled half a cup of water on my Macbook Air keyboard. Everything was fine, but just now, my keyboard stopped working. My trackpad works fine. I turned it upside down and put it in a bag of rice. Is there anything I should do to increase my chances of my laptop getting back to work?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 11:59 PM

That bag of rice is just as bad as the spilled water. Fractured pieces of rice can get caught in your MacBook's crevices and ports and can cause major issues. When you spill a half cup of water on your keyboard, there is a solid chance that there is damage.

I recommend that you get that MacBook Air out of the bag of rice and have it examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 11:59 PM in response to krg218

That bag of rice is just as bad as the spilled water. Fractured pieces of rice can get caught in your MacBook's crevices and ports and can cause major issues. When you spill a half cup of water on your keyboard, there is a solid chance that there is damage.

I recommend that you get that MacBook Air out of the bag of rice and have it examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

Macbook Water Damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.